Friday, February 25, 2005

The Ninth Parabola of Purgatory

Purgatory requires parabola.
Here comes the studying. Tomorrow: Edward Schiappa's Definitions of Reality , which will be the special work I answer questions for. So.
Stuart Peterfreund came to talk to us about the comps. By the end of the meeting, I became convinced I am screwed. But that's because he didn't really address any methods of studying for those of us not doing literature. It made me rethink that fourth question: Do I want to answer a question on Bishop/Frost (the postmodern/modern divide? Ways of knowing in modern?)?
I'm so screwed.
Walking down St Stephens Street, I saw a sign--who knows if it was from God; if nothing else, it was from Symphony Properties, Inc. "Where will YOU be living next year." Amid the snow, I said to the sign, "I don't KNOW, which is the whole PROBLEM!" The sign didn't talk back.
Oh well.

No comments: