Friday, January 04, 2008

Back to Lit Crit

Theory is theory is theory. Text is textual and contextual and contingent on the medium which texturizes it. Even mimetic representation is rhetorical in nature.

Damn, I've missed literary studies.

That's not to say that my time over in Beering with the Communications Department was bad. No. It was very helpful, indeed, for schematizing, compartmentalizing, disciplining (Burkeian pun intended), and revitalizing my interest in interdisciplinary work.

But I've missed this. The textuality of text, the echoing voice of another author in my head. Piecing together the argument from someone else's words, getting close, closer, closest to the text. Adaptation, mastery, pathos, consubstantiality. The pleasure of the text. The text of pleasure.

No comments: