Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Pop culture, popping a vein or two

I don't often quote pop culture. But it's not a rule or anything, so...
      Pardon me while I burst into flame.
      An apt description from our friends at Incubus.
      And, Trigun.
      Death and poverty like me so much that they brought friends!
I suppose the last one is a bit strong. After all, there is no death at the moment, and poverty is being staved off by "stipends." For the moment.


      I suppose I'm just freaking out.
      Child to main character, Vash: It's too late for us to go back now. And you're too damn clean!
Vash the Stampede's Response: The ticket to the future is always open.
My roommate told me to do yoga. Instead, I ate som HagenDaas. Rocky Road, a metaphorical ice cream.
Dead Metaphor, that is. "Life is a journey" is so romantic.
And although romanticism (note my lack of capitalization) is making a comeback (*pffttt noise goes here*) in composition--damn those expressivists who ruined my composing process and made me confess!--I am not yet ready for that sort of thing. I'd rather not make that kind of move again.
I'd rather move to a new place, and actually bond with people this time.
Anna came and hugged us yesterday, making me wonder if she was nuts. I wondered if I was nuts. We all decided there is "no love" in the English department. Wherever I go next, I will make there be love.
Let there be light, where word and thought are one. Where the author has only illucutionary language. Let there be sleep. Let there be peace.

No comments: