Monday, May 16, 2005

Animerica (tm)

[adultswim] announced part of its new lineup for summer. As usual, I am both excited and disappointed.
Taking the place of Trigun . (Good bye Vash; we'll see you when they need to fill slots again) will be FULL METAL ALCHEMIST (seasons 1 and 2). Woohoo, I say. Now, if you would all kindly translate the next 13 episodes, so we know who the hell Al meant by "Teacher?!" I will stop writing angry posts to adultswim.com message boards.
Taking the place of the Big O (insert required euphemism here) will be GitS: SAC (for those not in the loop, that's Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex which ended its run Saturday the 14th with the culminating episode wherein the Laughing Man is offered a job at Section 9, but turns it down. Everyone is alive and well, except the Tachikomas, which were never really alive, but are now definitely not well. They are in tiny Tachikoma pieces in a forest.
I just like saying "Tachikoma." Say it out loud. Ta-Chi-Ko-Ma. I can write that in hiragana.
I am special.
Adding on to [as] another hour has allowed them to bring back Lupin III and Case Closed/Detective Conan . So, if you're up at 5 am and bored, those are good, episodic little things to get you awake while your coffee brews.
Speaking of which, I've got 2 pounds of Kona just sitting here....and no coffee maker to be found in my car. Please don't tell me I left it in Boston!

Kono Ai-wo kese-wa shinai.

(this love will never die)
Kono Amylea...What is this Amylea doing? Waiting for May to pass into June, again.

No comments: