Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Happy Birthday, Robert E Lee!

And you too, Mom.

Some drunken idiots last night were shouting. That, unfortunately, was not what kept me awake until 3:45.

No, let's go with Procrastination Consequences for that one.

And it'll be like this the rest of the semester. Oh, God. Rage, rage, against the coming of the light. Rage, rage, against the reading of the night.

The spots in my vision have become 3-D. If not for the threat of failing the comps, I'd go home and go rest. Instead, I am waiting for the meeting, waiting to undo the hegemony of meetings. We all want to. There will be leaders nonetheless, who will tell us what is important and what it means to be a student.

And what it means to drink yourself blind, like Milton, only he didn't drink. He just became blind.

A dozen varieties of the same paper, a dozen ways of teaching, of letting them drink from my brain, from my chi. The dantien is empty right now. Come back later.

I have gone to find myself, etc etc etc

They gave me my extra shot for free again today. Too bad it was just espresso.



No comments: